Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Halloween Octopus of Sheer Awesome

So I put the Illustrator robot on hold, as I'm having some technical difficulties with it at the moment. However, I started the next Illustrator project, making an cartoon octopus. This would have already been done yesterday, but someone hit the switch on the power strip for my computer by accident. Oh well. I'm a bit behind now, but this is what I have

Basically I made the head by making a colored circle and stretching it out, and then shaded it by pasting on top (ctrl+f) the old circle, squishing it a bit, and then making the color lighter. The eyes I made using the polygon tool, and the mouth I made by making a circle, cutting it in half, using the polygon tool to make moer triangles, and then using the triangles to punch out the "teeth". I'm going to get to lighting up the eyes using the gradient tool (trying to make it look like candle light), and then get to work on the tentacles (where I was before the accident) and finish up my octopus.

No comments:

Post a Comment